With all the new and interesting things going on don't forget to visit my main site and see my complete portfolio. I have an extensive stock library of images available for license. Contact Carolyn B directly by email.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Two AIA awards won for house I photographed


Architects: Gossens Bachman Architects

2004 AIA Vermont Excellence in Architecture
2005  AIA New England Design Award for Excellence in Architecture

This is one of the  most unusual houses I have ever photographed. The owner wanted to be in
a "protective environment to eliminate outside noise and unwanted intrusions."1 The entire house could be completely shut off from the outside using large window panels and huge metal gates. Skylights and a hidden garden were the only "accesses" to the outside.  Grass roof, healthy materials, and energy efficient systems, were part of the design, as well.

1 quote from Gossens Bachman Architects website.